Tuesday, December 14, 2010

{Come Let Us Adore Him}


"How silently, how silently,

The wondrous gift is given!

So God imparts to human hearts

The blessings of his heaven.

No ear may hear his coming,

But in this world of sin,

Where meek souls will receive him, still

The dear Christ enters in."
-Oh Little Town of Bethlehem

Christmas time is such a blessing. The parties, the treats, and most importantly the celebration of the birth of our Savior. I have to admit that in past Christmases (and even during the rest of the year) I can be distracted with all the fun and merry making that I neglect the very One that this season is all about!

In recent months I have really been convicted of how I get so distracted with the little things of life and the cares of this world that He is left with what little time and energy I have remaining.

In the story about Mary and Martha, Jesus tells Martha essentially to not worry about all the tasks or projects or other things that seemed so important at the time. What was important was spending time with the Lord and listening to His word.

This Christmas I have made an attempt to not get distracted with all the extra little things of life. Although they may be fun distractions, they are still just that, distractions that eat up our interest, time and strength. Courtney over at Women Living Well, is hosting a 'Peace on Earth' December Challenge, to help us refocus on the real important things in life.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." - John 14:27

1 comment:

  1. Another very precious blog entry! How did you get so cute?

    ReplyDelete