Tuesday, January 4, 2011

God in our Goals

At the beginning of each new year I write a list of goals and various things I'd like to accomplish in the coming year. Jeremy and I went over each of ours last night and it was fun to talk about the future and speculate what will happen. But the truth is, we don't know what will happen in this coming year, but in the words of Daniel, 'However, there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries... (and) what will happen in days to come'

We are reassured that even if the goals we set out to accomplish don't happen, whether from set backs in life or something else, God has plans for us. He is always with us every step of the way, in every day of this new year. What we must do is trust Him and His sovereign plans for our lives.

'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' - Jeremiah 29:11
As we enter this new year, my goal first and foremost for my life is that I trust Him each and every day that He gives me in 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole!
    Love your goals. I know you'll be successful. Mine are:
    -set up a blog
    -keep losing weight
    -reach out to people outside my family
    -try to start up a business again

    Love your encouraging words!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,
    Tell us about the pregnancy center that you know about. It's always good to hear of people who are involved with this work.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete