Friday, June 17, 2011

Got Ribbons?

Is it just me or does everyone else end up with tons of extra ribbons in your craft collection? You collect them over the years from various packages and presents but you don't really know what to do with them all. Well since it is the 'Great Baby Boom of 2011' and just about every one I know it having a baby, I've got babies on the brain. I decided to put those extra ribbons I have to good use crafting adorable baby stuff.

Ever heard of a tag blanket? Neither had I, but apparently babies love them. Why, I'm not really sure, but if they like 'em, then I'll make 'em! It's really quite easy. I followed this tutorial but instead of using just 2 different type of fabric on each side I decided to use some coordinating fabric squares to make it patchwork on one side.

Baby crafts are the most fun because they are all so dang cute! And I can't wait to give it to my little niece when she arrives this fall or my BFF's baby coming next spring or my cousin's newest addition. What did I tell you about the baby boom!?! Now all my excess ribbons will be on cute little blankets for little babies' enjoyment and I will keep collecting ribbons until the next baby boom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment