Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gift with Purchase

Since becoming a Christian, Christmas is more meaningful because we get to remember and celebrate the incarnation of Christ. Jesus Christ came on a rescue mission to save us. He came to live the life that we couldn’t and die the death we should. Because of this wonderful news, Christians get to live lives redeemed by Jesus to reflect His glory to the world

In recent months, God has spoken in my heart and told me that we should celebrate Christmas a little differently. Not that giving gifts is wrong, but we can't miss the actual reason for the season. One way to glorify God and bring the focus back on Him this holiday season is to give a gift with purchase. What that means is you give an ornament to the cashier who waits on you, with a bible verse attached to it. In the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, it's easy to forget or neglect those people. This is sure to bring a smile on some checker's face when you give them a gift.

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." -Isaiah 55:11

Try this new tradition and I know you will enjoy truly celebrating the reason for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment