Monday, February 14, 2011

Unfailing Love

It is during the tough days, when I am being stubborn or childish that I think God especially showers me with His love. I have been in a serious funk lately that just wouldn't seem to go away. Each day I would go about my business with a not so joyful mood and each day, God would be there loving me anyways. He would tell me He loved me through His word, through my husband, through a hymn, and just yesterday during the Sunday sermon.


All too often people give up on things. On their marriage, on their goals, on God. But the wonderful news is God's love for us never goes away. Even when we were sinners against the will and things of God, He gave us His Son.

I am overwhelmed every time I think about how He cares for me and continues to shower me with love. How can I ever even come close to showing Him, the King of the Universe, that I love Him back?! I can show love to others, to those in need and to the unlovable, to the orphans and widows and even to my enemies. It is a tall order to fill but with His strength and His supernatural love, I can love them. "Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." -1 John 3:18

My Prayer: Today, Lord, teach me to love you with my whole being and share this love with others.

Can you think of some specific ways you could demonstrate your love for God in your neighborhood? Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole,
    I can think of one way, and actually more than one. It's not to brag at all...just sharing. It lifted my spirit as I visited with a friend for lunch at a restaurant this week. I am sending flowers to a friend who has cancer. I called and emailed friends who need to hear from me. We need each other, just as you mention. You're a good example of this for me. You reach out to people in kindness all the time.

    Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete