Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So Long, Insecurity...

...You've Been a Bad Friend to me! This last weekend I went to the Beth Moore, 'So Long, Insecurity' Simulcast. As you can tell by the name of the event, the topic was on her new book by the same name about women and their insecurities, namely women in Christ. You'd think we would know it by now, but it seems life, sins and everything else, like to pull us down and make us insecure and miserable.

I have been dealing with my own insecurities lately and it has really gotten to me. It has about driven me crazy, in fact. My dear husband and best friend have been so supportive of me during this time, but it is something I need to deal with, me and God.

The funny thing is, all of my insecurity has come right after the simulcast about facing our insecurity. It reminds me so much of stories in the bible of people who did some silly things. In their humanness, in their insecurities they made choices that when we read them, we realize they were quite silly. But when we are in our own various situations, we do the exact same thing. I had one of those moments last night. How do we forget so easily that we are made victorious through Christ?


"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" -2 Corinthians 5:17

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." -Isaiah 43:18-19

I want to move past this insecurity in my life. I want to boldly claim the security that one can only find through Jesus Christ. My God loves me completely, unfailingly, even when I make silly mistakes or even awful ones. My security comes from this love.

At the end of the simulcast, Beth had each of us ladies partner up and pray over one another. It was a very touching prayer that really resonates with me in this moment.

My Dear Sister
If Christ is Your Savior
You are the dwelling place
Of His own Spirit.
You have it IN YOU
to be secure.
Every day of your life
You have a choice to make
You can live in your old defeat
Or you can turn from your unbelief
And choose life.
Make up your mind
To put off the old you
And put on the new you.
Never, ever, ever forget
That the Lord is your security.
He will keep your foot
From being caught in a trap.
He will take care of you
To your very last breath.
Now, leave this place
And go out into the world
And act like a person
Who knows she’s dearly loved.
You were born to be exceptional.
So, Girlfriend, go forth
And walk worthy of your calling.
You are clothed in strength and dignity!
Now unto Him
Who can keep you from falling
Be glory and majesty
Power and authority
Through Jesus Christ our Lord
Now and forever more
Amen.
So Long, Insecurity!

No comments:

Post a Comment