Tuesday, May 4, 2010

a promise and a dessert


Don't you get happy when you see a rainbow?! I know I sure do. Not only because it usually means the rain is subsiding, but because it is a beautiful reminder of God's covenant, His promise to us. What a blessing to not only know in your heart that God loves you but to actually see right in front of you that He is keeping His promise to His people. We have an awesome God and every time I see a rainbow I get happy.

"Praise be to the LORD, who has given rest to his people Israel just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant Moses. May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our fathers; may he never leave us nor forsake us. May he turn our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways and to keep the commands, decrees and regulations he gave our fathers." -1 Kings 8:56-58


Want to know another rainbow that makes me happy? My new favorite (bake-free) rice krispie/fruity pebbles rainbow dessert. Mmmm.. don't they look good? I made these for my AWANA girls last week and they LOVED them. Who am I kidding, I loved them! I had extras that were easily devoured by yours truly. Beware with this recipe as it is one of the easiest things you can make AND it is delish!

Rice Krispie & Fruity Pebble Cupcake Treats
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
6 cups marshmallows
4 cups rice krispie cereal
4 cups fruity pebbles cereal

Melt butter in microwave. Add the marshmallows and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes and stir after 45 seconds. Add the 8 cups of cereal and blend together. Push into greased muffin tins or large baking dish. Let cool and add frosting if you want to make them extra tasty. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment