Thursday, September 8, 2011

Train up a child in the way he should go...

...and when he is old he will not depart from it." -Proverbs 22:6

Last Sunday was the first AWANA club meeting of the year. I love being apart of this program and working with the kids to learn God's word. I am a helper in the T&T girls class but I have been able to teach them a few lessons each year. I already have my arsenal ready with some fun and valuable lessons for their sweet little hearts and minds to hear.

The best part of teaching is being able to share a story or principle with the girls that will hopefully stick with them in their faith walk with God. One way of helping that lesson stick is to have a craft or handout for each of them to take home and remember it by. If you have any pint sized friends of your own, here are some great lessons and resources I've used in the past along with some fun crafts to go along with them.


*God's Princess; Created for a Purpose
Don't you know? As a child of God, you are a princess in His kingdom. "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My... daughters, says the Lord Almighty." 1 Corinthians 6:18



*The Bible Time Machine; God's story comes alive

Through the use of a time machine or time capsule, you can share the stories of the heroes of the bible."For the word of God is alive and active" Hebrews 4:12


*Jesus Calls His Disciples; Spreading the Good News

Jesus wants us to follow Him and spread His Good News. "And Jesus said to them, ‘Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.’" Mark 1:17



*Life in 3D; Abundant Life Through Christ

When we live life with Christ as our focus, we live a 3D life, a life abundant with Him. "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

No comments:

Post a Comment