Sunday, February 28, 2010

Count Your Blessings

Recently, while in personal bible study, listening to various radio ministries and today at our sermon in church, God has been teaching me about His promises and His blessings. It is very easy to get wrapped up in life or miscellaneous stuff going on that we forget about God. 'Spiritual Amnesia' is a tough thing to kick because deep down it is pride. We forget that it was and is God who has done EVERYTHING in our lives and start to think it was our own doing that we have accomplished this or that.

"You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today." Deuteronomy 8:17-18

I have much to be so thankful for. God has taken me from a dark and false past into a bright and beautiful future. It is by His power that I am able to have faith and a relationship with Him. He has given me a wonderful husband and helpmate. There are so many things and ways He blesses me every single day!

One of the things our Pastor called us to do was to keep a record of the ways you've seen God working in your life, the everyday miracles. In the book of Joshua, Chapter 24, he reminds the Children of Israel all that the Lord did for them. It is in this time of reflection that we see the insurmountable love that He has for us and also a way of be humbled to see His great power.

"Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope." Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment