Monday, February 1, 2010

My Love-Hate Relationship


Let me start off by saying that I am no Martha Stewart, and it is something I am trying to come to grips with.

Maybe it's just me but whenever I make something from Martha's Everyday Food magazine, the finished dish bears little resemblance to the one in the picture. As I've started sewing, I am coming to realize that too is a lot harder than it looks in the magazines or on the website!

Here is my rendition of the baby booties I posted about earlier. So cute when Martha did it and a little less so with mine. I know she has tons of very good crafting and/or cooking experts working for her, but they sure put my stuff to shame. Well, at least it gives me something to strive for; crafting perfection!

Embroidery is a little bit easier. I'm taking a liaison from sewing to work on this. My idea is bible verse nursery decor. This is the start of a pillow to be placed on a rocking chair and the next project is an embroidered Noah's ark alphabet blanket. We'll see how it all turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment