Saturday, February 13, 2010

The King of Hearts


Have you ever noticed how many times love is mentioned in the bible? This last week I had the opportunity of teaching about love to my AWANA girls. What a joy to teach those young minds the word of our Lord. And what a blessing to be able to share with them the unfailing love that comes from God!

I LOVE God's Word! That's probably so obvious but it is so amazing! I don't think I can open it up without learning something new or re-visiting a topic and gaining new insight. As I grow in my faith I have come to realize that I have LOTS to improve on, but I have a perfect and righteous Teacher who loves me and is standing by me in this walk of life. The bible really is a love story; the greatest love story ever told!

Every so often I start to think I can do things on my own and my heart becomes hard. Those days end up very bad. Out of fellowship with God, I get moody and judgmental- not a pretty picture! But then I get knocked up the side of my head with His truth and it says "Hello in there, what do you think you're doing!?" This happened a few days ago and I got my wake-up call this morning. But despite my stubbornness and being just plain mean, God calls me back. I can so identify with the story of the prodigal son. Praise God that He still loves us even when we run away. Praise God He is so patient with us.

What is the greatest example of love? Jesus, the Son of God, dying on a cross for our sins – so that we might not die, but have everlasting life. Jesus sacrificed His life for each of us, because He loved us. He gave up everything to be with you. He gave us and showed us the best example of love this world has ever seen. This Valentine's day, I will praise God for the love He showed us and continues to show everyday and into eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment