Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Crafting for a Cause

My heart has been stirred by some much needed ministries within the church: stopping human trafficking, encouraging adoption of the 147 million orphans in the world and ending all forms of abortion. For now my efforts are focused on a very saddening reality; abortion.

Our church supports a local pregnancy resource center that provides medical, educational and support services to those in need to help make a choice for life and to insure a successful pregnancy and parenting experience. Their ministry focuses on: prevention, intervention and education & support. I am a part of their newest campaign "Change for Life" and would love any support, financial support or prayer support.

Every client is given resources that match her specific situation, showing her the love of Christ at every opportunity. To accomplish this the PRC provides in-center meetings with case managers to obtain medical coupons, a pregnancy support group, free maternity clothing, birth and baby preparation classes, baby clothing/supplies and new mom support groups. In addition to the fundraiser I am apart of, I am going to be using my love of crafting to make some baby toys, clothes and maternity clothes for the center. What a better way to use my hobby? A smart lady once said "Talent is God's gift to you, what you do with it is your gift to God."


Again, I ask that you pray for these efforts and take a look at the fundraiser page. Thank you for taking a stand for

No comments:

Post a Comment