Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sewing Kit in a Mason Jar


How come mason jars are so cute? I think it is the old fashioned charm they give off. Whatever it is, I love them. I am so tempted to buy the mason jar mugs from Pottery Barn. Our wedding had a 'country chic' theme and we filled some jars with white sand and candles to light the way into the reception hall. Too cute!

When I saw this on Martha's page, I had to make one! But I recently found a full tutorial with pictures to walk you through each step. With just a small list of supplies: fabric scrap, jar with lid and band, cotton balls or fiberfill, card stock and glue gun, it's so easy and definitely a nice addition to your crafting room (or in my case, just a desk but someday :P). I think this would also make a great gift for friends, Mom or beginner sewers. Who wouldn't love to get one of these charming little jars?!

No comments:

Post a Comment