Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Something More


I shared with you a few posts back about God taking me on a journey. That journey has opened my eyes to great needs in the church and in the world. I get so caught up in thinking about myself or my problems and forget about what is most important in this life, to love God and love others.

This life is not about us, as much as the world may tell us otherwise. Jesus came and told us that we are here to serve Him. God Himself became human. The text in John chapter 1 begins with this statement, "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." The Word WAS God and the Word became flesh. If the Word was God and the Word became flesh, then God became flesh. God became human. Jesus Christ was human and Jesus Christ was God.

Not only that, but He came and lived a life of servitude. He lived and died for us.

"If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from His love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made Himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross!" -Philippians 2:1-8


During this time in my life, I've been waiting on the Lord and He has helped me see that my purpose, my call in this life is to serve Him, His children and those hurting in this world. There are so many people who need God and need His encouragement, His love. I want to devote my life to doing just that. For those of you also seeking to do something more, there are some unbelievable organizations and ministries doing extraordinary things: The Call, The Zoe Foundation, Exodus Cry and a documentary, Nefarious: Merchant of Souls.

"Here is my Servant, whom I uphold, my chosen One in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on Him and He will bring justice to the nations.

I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness." -Isaiah 42: 1, 6-7


What do you say; are you up for the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment