Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend Update: 3-day Weekend Edition

That extra day off sure gave me a LOT more time to devote to some fun stuff that I don't usually have the time to do. That means craft time, of course!


My best girlfriend and brother & sister in law will be graduating in a few short weeks, so with my extra day off I made some very cute cards for them, if I do say so myself.

I've also started on baby gifts for my friend, Iris. I have so many ideas and can't seem to choose one so I will give a preview of all my creations when I get them all done. You never know what she'll need so in the spirit of the boy scouts, I will 'be prepared' with a gift for all her baby needs!

Early Monday morning, my Mom and my Aunt and I went to a local cemetery that is the resting place for some 5,000+ U.S. soldiers spanning from WWI to Vietnam and Iraq. We helped put a flag at each of the headstones in remembrance of their service and sacrifice to our country. What a joy to be able to spend that time with my family reflecting on what the generations before us have done to ensure our freedoms; that's what that day is all about. All in all, it was a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment